Thursday 21 November 2013

-A wardrobe reflection-


Do women dress for men?

This question came to my mind as I was dressing to go to university.
As the title suggests, i was thinking: do women dress for other men, for other women, for themselves or just for the sheer fact that they actually need to be clothed otherwise jail is their new home.

I just need to make it clear that this blog is not written to offend anyone in any way. It is just a 'reflecting' blog on such an issue. I must also add that I am talking about the average as there are some men who I give a huge thumbs up as they were just born to style! (something which I like to associate with my made up adjective -rareism...)

Ok so let's start from the beginning... why did this question come to my mind at around 7.30 on a Monday morning? Well as I was dressing and deciding and questioning my choice in clothes, I decided to wear my favorite scarf ever! 

In my previous blog : http://whatsinmycamera.blogspot.com/2012/03/shot-of-espresso.html I have some pictures of it. 
This is seriously my fav scarf ever.... iv owned it for around 3yrs now and it's still making my top list from my scarf collection.

A funny story about this scarf, which actually triggered me to write this post is this: Around a year ago (yes why do I remember such trivial stuff yet when it comes to studying it's the opposite) a friend of mine (a guy) approached me and commented on my scarf ' My god why are you wearing such a scarf...it's so huge and big ' and I just blinked at him and told him 'well it actually happens to be my favorite scarf - so sod off'  (I didn't actually tell him to sod off :P ) 
Now this scarf had actually gotten a lot of positive comments by a female audience which got me thinking...and eventually led this blog to be written. 

Ok so were where we ....yes..so I basically classify people into 4 :

1) People who enjoy dressing for themselves and have a particular sense of style. (I'm guessing most of my audience would be like this as you're here reading about fashion :D) 

2) Girls who just dress up for other men. (tight dresses,boobs exploding out of tank tops- you get the picture) 

3) People who just don't give a damn what they're wearing.

4) People who wear appropriate clothes in the weekend but don't give a damn what they wear the rest of the week.

So basically that's it...Comment down below for your opinion on such an issue :) 
Thanks for viewing! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment